Do I need a Licence to import goods into UK?
An import licence is not needed to import most industrial goods into the UK. However, some industrial goods need import licences as a result of controls imposed at national or UN level.
How do I import goods into the UK?
Import goods into the UK: step by step
- 1 Check if you need to follow this process Show. …
- Step 2 Get your business ready to import Show. …
- Step 3 Decide who will make customs declarations and transport the goods Show. …
- Step 4 Find out the commodity code for your goods Show.
What is illegal to import into the UK?
Banned and restricted goods
controlled drugs. offensive weapons, for example flick knives. self-defence sprays, for example pepper spray and CS gas. endangered animal and plant species.
What paperwork do I need to import from EU to UK?
Documents All Importers Need
- Bill of lading (can be telex released or the original) …
- Commercial Invoice. …
- Packing List. …
- EORI number. …
- Certificate of Origin/GSP Form A. …
- CE Certificate. …
- Certification for Port Health. …
- Test Certificates.
What can I export to UK?
Exporting to the UK: What You Need to Know
- Aircraft ($31.1 billion)
- Machinery ($29.9 billion)
- Mineral Fuel (oil) ($25.7 billion)
- Optic and Medical Instruments ($25.4 billion)
- Pharmaceutical Products ($20.1 billion)
Can you import food into the UK?
Exempted food products
You can bring the following products into the UK as a personal import, as they are exempt: bread (but not sandwiches filled with meat or dairy products) cakes without fresh cream, including Christmas cake, Simnel cake or cakes containing nuts. biscuits.
Do you need a license to import goods?
In most cases, you will not need a license to import goods into the U.S. But, for certain goods being imported, some agencies may require a license, permit, or other certification. … Contact the local port of entry you’ll use to import your goods for import requirements and other information about the process.
Can I clear my own goods through customs UK?
You can hire a transporter or customs agent to make the import declaration and get your goods through UK customs. Your business must be ready to import the goods before you can get customs clearance.
Do you need a company to import goods?
If you’re importing a commercial amount of goods to the UK, intending to resell them on, then you will need to be registered as a business entity. … If you’re importing goods for personal use, you do not need to be registered as a business.
Can I bring seeds into UK?
You must have a phytosanitary (health) certificate ( PC ) for almost all plants and living parts of plants, including all seeds for planting, entering Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales) from non- EU third countries.
Can I import fireworks from China to UK?
China’s largest market for fireworks is the United States and manufacturers produce large ranges of fireworks with that market in mind. Some of these fireworks are also suitable for sale in the UK. … Before a firework can be imported into the UK a C.A.D. (Competent Authority Document) has to be obtained from the H.S.E.
What are the prohibited goods?
- Narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances.
- Pornographic and obscene material.
- Counterfeit and pirated goods and goods infringing any of the legally enforceable intellectual property rights.