What is the smallest town in New England?
Smallest by population: Town of Gosnold, 75 / City of NORTH ADAMS, 13,708. Smallest by square miles: Town of Nahant, 1.24 / City of CHELSEA, 1.86. Largest by population: Town of Brookline, 58,732 / City of BOSTON, 617,594. Largest by square miles: Town of Plymouth, 97.57 / City of TAUNTON, 47.29.
What is the smallest city in Massachusetts?
By area, population and population density, it is the smallest town in the county; and is the second-smallest town by population in the Commonwealth, with only Gosnold having fewer residents. Monroe is part of the Springfield, Massachusetts Metropolitan Statistical Area.
|GNIS feature ID||0618170|
What are the top 10 smallest towns in Massachusetts?
These are the 50 tiniest towns in Massachusetts
- 8: Rowe, Franklin County.
- 7: Hawley, Franklin County.
- 6: Aquinnah, Dukes County.
- 5: Tyringham, Berkshire County.
- 4: New Ashford, Berkshire County.
- 3: Mount Washington, Berkshire County.
- 2: Monroe, Franklin County.
- 1: Gosnold, Dukes County.
What is the third largest city in New England?